BCS Sri Lanka has being conducting several projects throught its inception.
Following are few of the major projects currently run by the BCS Sri Lanka sub committees
- NBQSA (link to NBQSA Web : http://www.nbqsa.org/
- Workshops and Seminars
- Events for Young Professionals and Students by YPG Sub Committee (link to fb page : https://www.facebook.com/bcsslypg)
- Events for membership by Workshops and Seminars Sub Committee
- Business Matching (Business to Business Matching) (link to http://biz2biz.lk/)
- APICTA 2015 (link to http://apicta.lk/)
NBQSA 2015 has being concluded with the ZONE24x7 (Private) Limited, Epic Lanka (Private) Limited, University of Colombo School of Computing & Monash University Malaysia winning the overall Gold, Silver and Bronze respectively.
For more details, please visit official NBQSA website http://www.nbqsa.org/
The National Best Quality ICT Awards (NBQSA) competition is an annual event organized by the BCS The Chartered Institute for IT Sri Lanka (BCSCIIT) Section. BCS-SL organises the National Best Quality ICT Awards (NBQSA) since 1998 and nominates the national participants for the Asia Pacific ICT Awards (APICTA) since 2003.
NBQSA, Provides recognition to outstanding achievements of individuals and organizations in Sri Lanka who have developed high quality ICT products; Provides a window to gain International Recognition of Local ICT products; Improves the Quality of Local products & Services to meet International Standards and Identifies young talent and provide them an opportunity to develop their skills in ICT.
NBQSA was organised under 19 categories for both student and commercial with 4 special awards, ICT
For over a decade, the NBQSA has been successfully conducted and over the years, many excellent ICT products have been showcased and recognized. Unfortunately, some of these products do not get the market share they deserve mainly they do not have an adequate platform to showcase their products. In 2011, the BCS Sri Lanka section initiated an experimental project to fulfill this need through a web portal, Biz 2 Biz.
Our Mission is to provide a platform for organisations to showcase high quality products and services to a global audience.
Our Vision is to improve the Sri Lankan software industry to be on par with global standards.
Objectives of the Biz 2 Biz website
- Showcase ICT and Non ICT products and service through a website with all relevant contact details
- Have the largest collection Sri Lankan ICT & Non ICT vendor details in a single website
- Products and services are endorsed by the relevant professional organization or authority
- Attract global buyers and investors
For more information visit : http://b2b.bcssrilanka.org/
Asia Pacific ICT Alliance, an alliance of national ICT organisations representing their respective economy to build and enhance a mutually cooperative network to promote ICT, enhance technology innovations, capability and adoption, and encourage the development of indigenous ICT solutions for the global market.
In our endeavour to identify and recognise ICT innovations, APICTA organize and host APICTA Awards annually by a Member economy. Over the last decade, the Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Awards has grown in stature. Its prominence, credibility and reputation have seen the awards series dubbed as the “Oscars of the ICT arena”.
Through this website, we wish to:
- Introduce and invite new economies in the Asia Pacific region to become a member of APICTA,
- Inform and announce about the APICTA AWARD, annual software competition, so more ICT Community in member economies can participate and win the award.
- Build a continuous networking and as a productive communication tools by the APICTAN.
APICTA 2015 held from 18 – 22 November 2015 at Colombo, Sri Lanka.
For more information about the event, please visit the event website www.apicta2015.lk